Photos of Old Chesapeake City, Pt 29
The destruction
of Lift Bridge by the freighter, Franz Klassan, on July 28th, 1942.
It changed town forever. The current overhead bridge was completed in 1949.
The Victory, a boat used to
ferry people across canal before the big ferry (Gotham) arrived. It was used from the summer of 1942 until March of
1943.
The Gotham ferry in the North Side slip.
Note Lupfer’s garage at left and
houses on Biddle Street at top. Photo courtesy of Lee Collins.
No comments:
Post a Comment